Monday, 24 August 2020

Pre course reading

I've noticed that even though this might not be the most dazzling content filled blog, I've put more effort into it than my student nurse blog. This is no doubt saying something about my life overall and what l feel about midwife training!

Although, is train the right word? Is there a difference between train, learn, coach and mentor?

I'll pursue that line of thought later...

As part of my pre course reading, I've had to read the first chapter of:



It's a book I've had for a while now. It's written by various eminent people working within birth so each chapter has a different narrative style. The overriding feeling l get from this is that what is written in there is common sense and that it's a shame, to say the least, that the basic underlying issues causing the roar have still not been adequately addressed.

I've also finally laid my hands on a cheap copy of:


My fiance is very much into the Beats and associated psychedelia so by absorbing some of that culture I feel like I get this book a bit more on a cultural, rather than just a midwifery level.

According to my calculations, I have less than four weeks yesterday to go until I start! I have three shifts left at work before I start my annual leave.

I'm planning on starting jogging in September again and also maintaining my Callanetics regime so hopefully if I maintain before the course, it should be easier keeping it up down the line

No comments:

Post a Comment